Check out my Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My sister's Mother Day presents

   Oh my, Mother's Day is fast approaching and I have been busy sewing presents for my sister.  Now my sister is a very young 40 year old and she loves Hello Kitty. Even though we both like all those cute Hello Kitty things (stationary, etc...........eventually it just becomes clutter.)  So, I decided to make my sis some Hello Kitty pillowcases for Mother's Day.  (at least they are functional.)

   I was at my neighborhood Hancock Fabrics,(which on occasion, I do feel like singing the theme song to Cheers when I walk in....cause the workers really do know the frequent shoppers names.)  even though I went in to get one thing, I fell in love with the Hello Kitty cupcake cotton fabric..........and with my 40% off coupon...........grabbed that bolt and went  straight to the cutting counter. Oh, I have made pillowcases before, and always carry my handy little sewing note book; which contains the amounts of fabric I need for frequent projects.  I do try to stay organized when it comes to sewing.

   The pillowcases sewed quick & easy (using the tube method and french seams.)  Not because I am a sewing genius, but rather due to a wonderful you tube video I found online.  Check it out: Overall quilter

       
   Here is a photo of one of two matching pillowcases:




"Hello Kitty Cupcake Cotton Fabric"


    Ya'll are probably over seeing the "Meringue Top" by Colette Patterns, but I thought I would make one for my sister in a nice cotton lawn from fashion fabric club.  Yeah, every once in a while ffc will have a sale on all cotton lawn fabric, so I picked up a few yards for me and my sis. Now my sis lives around New Orleans, so if anyone has ever been there they know how hot it can be in summer.  So cotton lawn is great for the heat.  Anyway, check out the shirt. (Oh, did make bias tape from some nice Kona Cotton):





    I hope everyone out there has a wonderful Mother's Day.







1 comment:

  1. This fabric and that designing is so good....
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete