|Look at those azaleas blooming|
This particular pattern gave me lots of problems, especially where the back of the sleeve seam meets up with the back seam. Although I did a few adjustments to the pattern, I still was unable to get those two seams to meet up. And after two years of adjusting and readjusting, I said to hell with it. However, I don't think anyone will notice, except for me or those sewing enthusiasts.
Fabric: a beautiful purple cotton gingham from Fabric.com
Buttons: sweet little pearl buttons from my stash.
Adjustments and sizing: Typically I cut a size 18 for McCall and Butterick. Adjustments: shorten sleeves.......however, I did shorten them 1/2" too short, but I already lengthened my pattern for my next blouse. Enlarged sleeves for my upper arms. A little increase for the back. I didn't have to do a full bust adjustment but I did have to increase by about 3/8". ( Also, the blouse is a little tight right now b/c I gained weight since sewing the blouse. Yeah, got sick, a cold of all things, for 3 weeks and now I am finally back on track with working out and dieting. )
|detail of button|
Now that I finally got this pattern adjusted for a good fit, I am very happy to have it in my collection. Already I am sewing a cute black and white larger gingham print in cotton. In addition, I know I will continue to sew up this pattern..............it is a classic.
Happy Mardi Gras!