Check out my Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Painting Donation for our local Literacy Council's silent auction.

     This is what I call a transition painting.  For me that means, after working on a series of paintings which had a certain look or theme and for whatever reason I branched out. 

      When I first began teaching myself classical style painting I wanted to try my skills at creating narrative pieces..........creating a story within the painting.  The Pre-Raphaelite painters have always held  a special place in my heart,  (Oh, there are women Pre-Raphaelite artists too!)  so I thought to myself let's try it out.  Well, I don't think I was very successful with that particular style; however, this transition painting came out of that period.  Title, "Autumn Fire Dance", oil on wood.  Check it out:

"Autumn Fire Dance"



     Also, this painting is going up for an annual silent auction for The Buncombe County Literacy Council which I try to help gather auction items and spread the word.  Speaking of the up-coming auction, the key note speaker is a national best seller......and we are all thrilled.  Stay tuned for more info.   Also, if anyone wishes to donate for the up-coming auction or purchase tickets, please let me know.   
 
 
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment