Check out my Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thank you to everyone for making the Shadows Art & Craft Festival so much fun

 We had a great time in New Iberia.  The Shadows Plantation is a wonderful place to showcase your artwork, especially if this is your first out of town show. The commute for us was about 2 1/2 hours......so not bad.  I was able to fit everything in the back seat of our truck and the bed of the truck. Somehow we managed to fit our bikes too. 

This is a laid back type of show; which was perfect for being tired. We had to do a lot of unloading and loading.  I see why a lot of artists have little trailers so they can lock their stuff up.  Eventually I do need to get some type of camper top that locks for the truck or mini trailer. (Future endeavor). So Glenn did most of the lifting and hauling because of my shoulder injury.  I did suggest to him we should purchase a collapsible wagon before the show but he felt confident we didn't need it.  After the show he mentioned we really need one. LOL .Seriously I appreciate all his help..........I couldn't have done it without him:)

I did try out my new tent wall idea; which is using heavy mesh tent to hang artwork vertically. I didn't do a test before the show........for in my mind I knew I would make it work.  Surprisingly it did.....no issues. Also, I purchased lighted vines for the inside of my tent.  I love the effect, and ordered more so my entire tent will be covered. Also, I made custom table runners with my logo.....I love them. 

Things I still need to make smoother.  The checkout station.  For some reason this continues to be my downfall, specifically wrapping encaustics and bagging them.  I recognize that this is an issue and needs to be streamlined.  So by next show I will pull it together. 

Lastly, thanks to everyone who signed up for the raffle & receive my newsletter.  A winner was emailed and their print is on the way.

Check out my tent: 

Magical Series 

Encaustics

Encaustics

Front of tent 

Magical Series 



Swamp Series 

  Keep creating.


Christin 


No comments:

Post a Comment