Check out my Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Preparing for an outdoor Art Festival.............it is more than the artwork

 The countdown is on.  I have about a month to finish as much artwork as I can, and all the non-artwork "things to do" before the March 4th outdoor art festival.  Even though my list is long I will try to get as much done as I can.............and whatever can't get done,  I will be ok with it.  I still want to have some fun. 

The outdoor Art Festival is at The Shadows on the Teche. Check it out:

The Shadows on the Teche




November's outdoor art show had some challenges due to the weather, and well just experiencing new things in general.  One of my goals in January was to sew up an art carrier in outdoor fabric.  Before sewing this lovely carrier I had to lug a large box with my framed original paintings; which was heavy and wet cardboard..........no bueno.  What I did was measure the box and sew up a carrier with handles that the box slips into.  I love it.  I used outdoor fabric from Hobby Lobby and heavy duty craft interfacing.  (Note:  you cannot iron interfacing to the outdoor fabric.........it pretty much disintegrates. Yep I did that) Basically I made a sleeve for each side of the box, slipped the interfacing in and sewed it up.  I left a finished 1/2 border around each piece and sewed the carrier along the seam.  My machine cannot sew through two interfacings.  Things I  should have done was sew the handles on before making the box.  Oh well. It  was a pain but I did it.  No more worrying about  a wet box and original framed paintings being destroyed:) Check it out:







Signs:  Yep I  started with a hand painted sign, but after looking at Art Festival requirements, many will not let you hang hand painted signs.  Signs are expensive and I really need to spend my budget wisely.  Fortunately, I have free access to a Cricut.  I created my design in publisher, saved as a jpg and uploaded it to Cricut.  I didn't know this until I did some research...........You can use Cricut iron on / on wood.  Yep.  So I  ironed my design to two different wood panels.  I spray painted one in apple green and the other sign I left in the white barn wood.  I like them both, and will probably use both in my tent.  Check it out: 





It is time to get back into the studio and keep creating. I am looking forward to sharing images and experiences after the Show.

My best,

Christin









No comments:

Post a Comment