Check out my Pages

Monday, June 6, 2022

Decorative cover for folding Chair

 If only being an artist was creating artwork...............

Ok enough of that.  Currently, I am preparing for a fall outdoor art sale.  This may seem silly to some, but I want to sew up a decorative slip cover for my folding plastic chair; which I will use for the sale.  I really want the appearance of  my tent  to look more like a pop up shop.  So for me having a decorative slip cover is another element to my "brand" or "look".  

The words I think of when I think of my brand, are :  natural,  feminine, ethereal. etc.

 Here is the fabric I picked out from Fabric.com: 





Here is my folding chair:





To create the pattern, I pulled out my freezer paper and folded it along the chair edges. I use a ruler to straighten out the edges and then  I will add a 1/2 seam allowance. I will gather fabric along the seat seam and that will be full enough to cover the legs.  Once this is finished I will try to remember to post the finished result............but I will definitely post photos of my tent at the show.





Also, I am working on a new series of paintings.  The Swamp Series.  Living in  South Eastern Louisiana the swamps and bayous play a significant role in most of our lives.  It is not surprising that I would embrace the imagery. 

Check it out: 

"Gliding Through"

I am in the process of test prints for this watercolor.  I am hopeful to have this piece listed on Etsy for August...............along with other Swamp Series paintings.  You can always check out my work on Etsy/ Softly Painted Stories (shop name)


Happy creating,


Christin


No comments:

Post a Comment