Check out my Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Stuck in muslin hell, but did finish a cute Hello Kitty zipper clutch

    So far I have sewn one skirt draft 4 times to get the correct fit............and I still have one more attempt in my future.  Who knew taking a regular skirt pattern sitting on the natural waist and changing the facing to a high waist pattern would be so troublesome?   Maybe it is my lack of experience, blah, blah.....regardless I am determined to have a usable high waist pattern when this is over....cause you know I want to make 3 of them...seriously.  Check out the pattern that is giving me headaches, Simplicity 5259/ View F:


Evil skirt 


       To take my mind off of the skirt and to remind myself I can sew, I decided to sew up something quick & easy for a Mother's Day present.  So, I went to my book: 100 pretty projects   and found a cute zipper clutch I know my sister will love.  


  Fabric:  Hello Kitty cotton for outside, and a black and white gingham for the inside and outside bow.   Also, there is a stiff interfacing in between the fabric and lining. Check it out:

Quick and cute!
Check out the inside:

Inside is looking good!

 
    Now that I completed this clutch; which took no time at all............it is back to the grind. Hopefully I will have a new high waist skirt by next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment