Check out my Pages

Friday, February 2, 2024

Epson Photo Perfection V600 Scanner

 Last month Glenn gifted me an Epson photo perfection V600 scanner to help me with my watercolor prints.  Also, he installed the scanner to my computer. What an amazing gift. I am beyond grateful....it is magical.

Previously I 'v been taking my completed watercolor paintings outdoors to photograph. Having to rely on good weather is not the most efficient way to take photographs and I would easily become frustrated because I would have to wait for another good weather day to retake photos when the first set didn't come out.  

Of course with any new business adventure you try to keep your spending down, so I told myself one day you will get that scanner, just not now, and I pushed through.

Let's talk about the Epson Scanner.  I read tons of reviews, but could it possibly take great images of my watercolors; which can sometimes be painted very lightly.  

To my surprise this Scanner is amazing.  The scanner will even pick up light pencil drawings. So yes, it does an incredible job picking up watercolor washes and tiny details. 

Coloring.  We didn't do any kind of color adjustment on the scanner program.  I scan using professional mode.  I think the colors are very close and not all the time but sometimes I will adjust the colors in Affinity.

Stitching.  My watercolor paintings are painted on paper that is 11" x 17" size or 9" x 12" size.  Glenn found a Stitch and Save program for me.  So I literally scan my watercolor three times (left side, right side and then middle) and then tell the program to stitch.  The program does all the work and I end up with a complete image. 

I love this scanner!

The only thing slightly negative I should mention is the high pitch scan frequency.  Check it  out:  (Of course one of the dogs is barking in the background.  They do this too me every time I take a video. LOL)


For anyone out there who paints in watercolors and is looking to take their originals and turn them into prints, the Epson Photo Perfection V600 Scanner does a fabulous job getting you those high resolution images for high quality prints.


My best to you,

Christin





No comments:

Post a Comment