Check out my Pages

Friday, September 1, 2023

It's Showtime

 It’s showtime:


Thankfully there is a break in the weather, about a 7 degree temperature drop and we have had rain. (Big Smile).  I was trying to finish my last encaustic with a heat index of 107….My poor encaustic medium took forever to cool on the wood panel. I tried using a piece of watercolor paper to fan it. No bueno, I say.  Over the weekend, I finished the last encaustic painting for the up-coming shows ………..and it was most troublesome.  At one point I wanted to cry out in frustration, maybe it was due to the dripping sweat?... regardless a swoosh of wind blew glitter not where I wanted it on the painting and at that point I had to laugh.  With a sigh, I say, the painting is complete, and now it is time to move on to the non creative side of art shows. 


Here are my new business cards and professionally printed up glossy postcards. Check it out:




Business cards and glossy postcards for shows




Also, I am in the process of  making a foldable check out stand.  I repurposed a piece of our old neighbor's fence that was taken down by our new neighbor.  (That was an event that took too much time away from painting and left me struggling to catch up.)  Also, I am using wood scraps from our garage; although I will have to purchase a nice piece of smooth wood for the top.  The goal is for me to be more efficient with wrapping artwork.  I think by having shelves this will organize my boxes and bags.  I am looking forward to seeing how the checkout stand will work during shows. Fingers crossed. I will share my checkout stand when it is finished.


Lastly, I created this haunting painting. This is a larger painting: 16" x 20" wood panel.   Originally I designed the swamp background for a swamp mermaid. After painting the background with encaustic, the swamp mermaid I painted on vellum didn’t feel right.  So I pivoted.  I really wanted something ghost-like to complement the background.  The idea of protection came to mind.  The whooping cranes in Louisiana are a protected species and what a beautiful tale could be told about a ghost that appears only during a pink moon and she speaks to the whooping cranes to find out about their well being.  Of course the whooping cranes can talk under the pink moon. 










In October, I will have a tent at the Twin Steeples Art Market in Ponchatoula. October 7th & 8th. Also, I will be at the Metairie Road “Art in the Park” October 28th.  Check out their Facebook page





Art in the Park, Metairie Rd



Keep creating,


Christin


No comments:

Post a Comment