Check out my Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Feather Whimsy

 Feathers seem to find me............I am not sure why, but I love the special messages feathers offer.  Did you know that if you find a white feather that is your guardian angel telling you they are there right by your side?  What a special and unique way to communicate.  

Typically, I see feathers when I am walking the dogs or doing some other outdoor activity.  They catch my eye and of course I have to pick them up. I have quite a collection.  Here is a collection in a raku vase.  Of course I have them in special "treasure" boxes too. 

Feathers in a raku vase 


My artwork reflects feathers that I find.  Here is a watercolor I completed earlier this year called:  "Feather Whimsy".  

"Feather Whimsy"
"Feather Whimsy" Original Watercolor & Archival Prints available.


Also, I create drawings of feathers on vellum and then incorporate the vellum into encaustics. Check this out: 

Feather Treasure, Encaustic on Prepared Paper


Anyway, I had to take a small break from creating encaustics.  When the temperature outside goes down (yes I said down) to 93 degrees then I can get my heat gun out.  Currently, the temperatures have been around 98........wow.  

Happy Creating

Christin 





No comments:

Post a Comment