Check out my Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sneak Peak: Images of finished Steampunk Costume for Dickens Festival

      Holy Gathers! I finally finished my steampunk costume for Dickens Festival; which is December 7th.   I really didn't want to be sewing on buttons or hemming right before the event, so I started a month in advance..........and I am so glad I did.  I ended up creating 3 muslins for the jacket to get the correct fit. However, the jacket fits perfectly, although there is no room for weight gain, so I have been on my best eating behavior, and I added extra work outs for "just in case".  Yeah, I had Glenn laughing when I explained that I sewed the muslins in an inexpensive poly cotton broadcloth; which now that I think about it has more give and less room for error in sewing compared to the slipperyness and no give of poly satin, and I was concerned about button strain.  Glenn said, "Thank goodness we have insurance that covers other people, cause there might be some eyes balls popping out from the buttons flying off."  AND there are a lot of buttons on the jacket, 19 in all , with 11 down the front and 8 on the cuffs. 

Check out the sneak peak photos of the bustle and jacket:

Holy Gathers!  Check out the velvet trim and biased seams.  Yes, I sewed the ends with bias serging.

Here is a detail photo of the jacket's cuff.  The jacket is sewed in French Seams.
       Glenn and I are looking forward to the party......who doesn't like to play dress up every once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment